SC - Tansy:To poison or not to poison

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 22:46:15 PST 1997

<<
 I remember talking to Anne about it many years ago. I got the impression
 that it was a period recipe. It used like two dozen different
 ingredients, some hard to find and expensive. She was working on making
 the recipe using different combinations of the ingredients to find out if
 all of them were really needed or if only a few of them worked together
 to get results. I know here mundane life got very busy after that, so I
 doubt she's done much with the recipe since the last time I talked to her
 about it.

 Julleran

     I, of course, don't know her source, but remember seeing some very
complex mixtures in Culpeper. I've been interested in trying some of them,
but a lot of them I have no idea what some of the ingredients actually are,
since common names change and Latin naming practice is much later, IIRC.
     That said, the modern herbals, etc., seem to favor arnica for bruises
above most other herbs. It's another one that can't be taken internally, but
is usefull applied to the skin.

Ldy Diana