SC - Serial cannibals: really OT

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 27 09:42:17 PST 1997

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> I think that should have been Alferd (the spelling on the official
> documents) Packer, who as a "good" Coloradan and if the story is true,
> also has a university cafeteria named after him.
>
> Bear

Huh. Am I the only one this fails to inspire confidence in? I suppose
one has to admire Packer's rugged, pioneer spirit, as a man who knew
what he wanted and went for it. On the other hand, isn't that a bit like
discovering that there's an Edward Gein Memorial Cemetery in Wisconsin?

Adamantius, among whose favorite possessions is his T-shirt that reads,
"Eddie Gein went to the cemetery and all he brought me back was this
lousy T-shirt."
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com