SC - period Russian/Ukrainian Recipes

Michael P Newton melc2newton at juno.com
Mon Oct 27 12:52:07 PST 1997

The theme/idea for this year's Winter Challenge is Russian. Does anyone
have, or know of cookbooks containing, period Russian/Ukrainian recipes?
I'm not doing the feast (I'm suppose to be doing MoC activities), but
knowing who is doing the feast, I'm going to stick my thumb into the pie,
so to speak, and see if I can't make it a little more period. (If nothing
else, I can help by combining the two)
Lady Beatrix

P.S. BTW, we really haven't set the time (other than general SCA period),
but we're keeping to the western slavic russia, no mongol or tartar.