SC - Fo: Mustard soup recipe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 28 04:32:05 PST 1997

david friedman wrote:

> >Make a roux by melting the butter in the bottom of a large pot,=20
<snip>

> Now we have to find the original, so as to know whether there is any basis
> for that. So far as I am aware, this technique does not appear in medieval
> cooking.

Not to mention the egg and cream liaison. I suspect we _may_ be looking
at an extremely Escoffierized version of the recipe in Taillevent. Maybe
not, but I did ask the folks on the EK list for the recipe and the
source. Let's see if somebody comes through. Right now they're arguing
as to the correct type of mustard. Heh heh heh!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com