SC - Re:Bidding on Aoife

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Oct 28 13:03:54 PST 1997

>marilyn traber wrote:
>
>> > I, al-Sayyid Ras, do offer my miserable self as the holder of the bids
>> > for
>> > the fair Lady Aoife.  <snicker, "booty", hmmmmmm, snicker>
>>
>> Qui custodiat ipsos custodiet?
>> margali
>
>Well, here's a problem. Ordinarily I'd recommend Aoife to watch Ras, but
>now you've got me ALL confused... .
>
>Maybe Ras can watch over Aoife, and we can get Viscountess Judith to
>watch Ras, with help from me. Tibor can watch me, and we ALL need to
>keep an eye on Tibor ;  ) .
>
>Adamantius
>______________________

All right, all ready. I come home from a three day Thechnology Seminar for
Librarians, and what do I find? Not only has my price gone no higher AT ALL,
but now I have to have a babysitter, too (four of 'em!). Here's a hint,
guys: Aoife is not the stock market. I don't need a Cooking Nanny, Leafy Tin
Chef's Hat, Super Laurel the Wonder Cook, or A Cuisine Expert Extraordinaire
looking over my shoulder (I'll let you figure out which titles apply to
yourselves ;^D). From now on I expect SERIOUS BIDS only. You heard me right.
I want gratuitous compliments to figure heavily in all of this, and I want a
quota of promised backrubs applied periodically.  And Ras, if you touch my
"Booty" I'll sicc the Dread Pirate Meghan on you (she's only 8 but has a
wicked thrust and parry). When Meghan is done, it's Coco's turn. She's the
crack shot at archery. And finally, I'll allow my three year old Siusie to
have one of her famous tantrums in the middle of your kitchen during peak hours.

And Guys, For the future:

Payment for my services **in the kitchen** hinges on a few key figures:
Small amounts of extrodinary chocolate applied liberally throughout the day.
Routine care and feeding.
Chilled Bubbly Water in vast quantities.
A rubber anti-fatigue floor mat.
You have to say PLEASE.

The Whip Mistress of the Kitchen has Spoken. Thank Goodness I don't recieve
this list at work ;^D.

Aoife
(five more digests to go.....how much worse can this get?)