SC - cuskynoles

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 31 05:35:50 PST 1997

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> The cuskynoles are similar to a Tunisian dish, Breyes Beylicales (recipe
> appended).  I found it while scanning Elizabeth David's A Book of
> Mediterranean Food for supper recipes.  The recipe is modern and it
> comes without a history.  It occurs to me that if cuskynoles are related
> to cosquinos then the both may be related to the breyes beylicales.

It's possible. It would seem to be more of a physical relationship, like
a common culinary ancestry, up to a point, rather than a noticeable
linguistic relation.

Perhaps what we need is access to the Spanish equivalent of the O.E.D.,
for an etymological background on "cosquino".

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com