SC - Re: ALMOND COOKIES

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Mon Oct 6 08:49:46 PDT 1997

> <<redaction left out so you can have your own fun with it!>>
>
> If you folks find this discussion dull, let me know. I'll stop posting what
> I find.  Does anyone else have examples of almond cookies, cakes or small
> pastries?
>
> Aoife

No Ma'am;
I don't find it dull at all, just confusing.  If it is possible, I would
like to have your redactions, as I am as yet unable to understand the
language in most 'period' recipes. I have seen several recipes in the
last two weeks (since I subscribed) that looked terribly interesting,
but they are intimidating, because I can't understand them.  I also saw
several where the original was given, followed by the redaction, which I
very much appreciated, because the redaction that the kind author of the
e-mail gave not only helps me with that recipe, but helps me figure out
what like language may represent in another period recipe, thus allowing
me to feel my way around whole new horizons.  I'm not sure what the
skill level is for the rest of the mail list, and I apologize for asking
for details if newcomers to period cooking are in the minority, but I
really do appreciate clarifications when they are available.
Many Thanks to everyone who has shared info.
Angelique.