SC - Re:Your Name

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 07:03:30 PDT 1997

<< Does Sayyid mean "Lord"? >>

Yes-basically. :-)

<<Did you know the Sultan Suliman the Magnificent had a harem
 of captured European women, one of whom was the best friend of Marie
 Antoinette? They were allowed to correspond frequently. Strange but true!).

No I didn't know that. It's somewhat amazing that she was allowed to maintain
contact with the barbarous French.

 <Lastly, do you have any good Arabic sources? >>

Yes. I use al-Baghdadi : The Baghdad Cookery Book.located in Cariadoc's
Collection , Vol. 1. I have redacted 67 recipes so far from this tome and my
goal is to redact all of them and publish. :-) This is the sourse I used for
the 12 dish Middle Eastern (e.g. goat) feast that I did for Lady's a couple
of years ago.

<<I want to come up with some
 decent recipes for Baronial Investiture,>>

Let me know what you have in mind and I will be more than glad to get the
info to you,

 << I have done mid-east before, but never from period sources,>>

Period Middle Eastern is much like the modern style. Like Chinese, Japanese
and India cuisine.

<<Halva, >>

Levintine

<< Baklava,>>

Greek

<<Yoghurt, Mint Syrups>>

Persian

<< I can't believe my Doctor refused to give them the vaccine.>>

I can. Most doctors don't realize that they are one of the hired help just
like the plumber or the painter. :-)

 Ras