SC - beer bread recipe (was re: small feasts)

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 10 13:21:26 PDT 1997

> Beer Bread (not period)
>
> 3 cups self-rising flour*
> 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
> 1 12-oz. beer, room temperature
>
> Combine.  Let sit for 20 minutes for the beer to "work."  Bake for 1 hour (I think 375 deg., I'm in the office so not sure) or until it looks like bread.
>
> Never make a single batch, because you'll eat the first loaf while it's still hot.  :-)
>
> 	- kat
>
> * hence the OOP status; self-rising flour contains baking powder...

Okay, I don't do bread outside of an automatic bread machine so please answer
a couple of questions.

1. You don't knead the dough? Are the quantities you listed for one loaf or do
you divide into smaller loaves?

2. What kind of pan do you bake the bread in? Or do you bake it as a round loaf
on a baking stone?

3. Isn't there a way to make this period?

I'm really not being picky but this sounds like such an easy bread to make I
would love to try it.

Yers,

Gunthar