SC - cheesecake, please

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sat Oct 11 00:47:00 PDT 1997

Greetings,
I wrote the following:

> There is also this file in the FOOD section of Stefan's Florilegium:
>
> cheesecake-msg    (15K)  9/29/97    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.

And then Angelique asked:

> How would a person access/request/order/get hold of this old TI issue?
>Also, please explain to a fairly computer-illiterate person, how I would
go about
>getting into the file you've referenced above.  I'm lost, but very
>interested and really want those recipes- if there's no way for someone
>to tell me how to get into those files, how about putting the recipes in
>your response (Please, oh please?).

My pardon folks if this is getting too far from our main subject but perhaps
there are others who have the same question.

My files are available at a Website run by Gregory Blount (Greg Lindahl). I
usually give a URL (the WWW address) when I mention the files. I don't
remember if I did in this case. Sometimes I think the people interested
already have the URL and I don't need to mention it every time to save
space. Anyway, the URL for my files is:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Type this address into whichever web browser package you have, probably
either Netscape (my favorite) or Microsoft Internet Explorer. This should
take you to Stefan's Florilegium if everything is working. You will see
a header of information and a list of categories. In this case, pick the
FOOD category and it will take you to the list of food files. The files
are kept in three formats, HTML which is probably best for reading on
the screen, RTF (Rich Text Format) which has all the formatting of the
original Word format but can be easily downloaded and plain text. If you
want to download the file to read later or to archive, RTF is probably
best but you will need a word processor that understands RTF to read it.
Text gets you the plain text format but you may want to reformat it into
an evenly spaced font such as courier to make any diagrams more readable.

While you are certainly free to download any of my files, keep in mind that
I am constantly updating files (usually several a day) so the copy you
download may get out-of-date soon. It may be worthwhile to check back
occasionally and see what is new.

Although I will occasionally quote messages from the files, I suspect that
folks would get upset if I started sending 15K files to the mail list. And
I have many files which are much larger than this.

While getting files from the WWW site is the easiest for both of us, I can
and have sent large batches of files by email.

If you have further problems send me email with more specific details and I
will try to help you out. This is probably more than you really wanted to
know. :-)

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra
markh at risc.sps.mot.com