SC - Re: Illusion food

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 13 05:49:55 PDT 1997

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > Possibly a bit less ambitious in scope, but in March of last year I did
> > a feast that had quail made of beef, soles made of chicken, and sausages
> > made of fish...
>
> I bet you had to be _really_ carefull how you made the heralds announce
> each dish, re allergies and those vegetarians who will eat fish...
>
> /UlfR

Well, yes, actually. The whole feast was along those lines, so people
were prepared to ask questions if necessary...plus, it's kind of a
standard daytime activity for our locals (at least the ones that aren't
involved in the fighting at the time) to stick their noses into the
kitchen with the classic Bugs Bunny, "What's cookin', Doc?".

Oddly enough, the one thing that threw people the most was the sausages,
which were pretty  much a typical Norman seafood sausage, in a standard
pork sausage casing. They were bone white, except where they were
browned by the grill. As is usually the case with fish dishes, there
were a couple of loud complaints, but still no leftovers. At that feast
I noticed an odd social phenomenon that had apparently been going on
under my nose for years, that I had never noticed: people arriving with
clean, empty tupperware, just in case...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com