SC - apples

Chanda Shaffer leanche at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:30:48 PDT 1997

> I did something really dumb today. There's a farm near us that has a
>scarecrow contest, haunted house, cornstalk maze and all that and they
>have hayrides out to the orchards where you can pick your own apples. I
>took the kids out there today and they had so many varieties and they
all
>looked so good that we came home with 37 pounds of apples.
>
>Anyone have any period apple treats that I can make up for the fighters
>to take to "Not Necessarily Pointless War" this weekend?
>
>Your help would be greatly appreciated. I can't get into my kitchen!
>
>Julleran

Bright Lady!!!!!! I would LOVE to have 37 pounds of apples!!!!!  The
first thing that comes to mind is apple butter.  Basically--boil apples,
cider and sugar together until it forms a wonderful brown sauce.  Like
applesauce but much, much better.  Keeps wonderfully well when canned.
Add cinnamon for a more well rounded flavor.

Ivy~

with new, aol free e-mail :)