SC - Illusion Foods Challenge (Was: Below the Salt)

Ladypeyton at aol.com Ladypeyton at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 20:24:31 PDT 1997

>As for jello, I know gelatin is period, although time consuming and
>tasting of meat, but did they just use them in aspics?

Bishop Geoffry was just speaking tonight of a period Spanish Jello recipe
which included Orange Juice and didn't taste of meat.  From what I remember
(and I was in shock because we had just been to the Trimtex Factory Outlet).
 You boil cows feet for a long period of time, add orange juice & some other
flavoring that I can't recall.   And cool to set.  He said the firmness is
more solid than modern jello.  He remembers a feast where Morgan de Londres
"spanked" the jello every time she walked by it because it reminded her
of.....ahem...well, you know.

Peyton