SC - Lunch-advice needed .

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 21:12:37 PDT 1997

<< I did well enough to  bravely volunteer as 2nd Cook >>

Conmgradulations! :-)

Which btings me to the subject of "The Clash of the Peans" this weekend. I
recieved my check finally for the purchase of the food for lunch. What would
be some nice food to serve to meat and potatoes people that would be
completely period and appeal to this type of person?

This is the first time I have done "lunch" and I could use all the help I can
get. King Ingvar and the Queen will be attending. They specifically made it a
point to call ahead and advise people that they were meat and potatoes people
and "strange" food was not in their repertoire of enjoyment.

Bearing this in mind, I would like suggestions as to what extraordinarily
bizaare and decidedly non-potato/meat food that is period could be served to
their Sylvan Highnesses that a meat and potatoe person would be horrified to
know they had eaten and actually ENJOYED" it. It should be decidedly unsimple
and awesone to the feaster to the point of "Yick, I don't want to eat this
s**t but everyone's watching so I have no choise!" to "WOW! Are there
seconds? :-)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have $1.25 / per person (max. 150)
to work with.

Ras