Children from Hell (was: SC - Re: Illusion food)

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Wed Oct 15 17:30:37 PDT 1997

I totally agree. Children are so immediate, even when they understand the
concept of later, their later and ours often widely diverge  :)  It was a
shame that the wonderous work was prematurely dismantled however would the
reaction have been equal if it had been an adult who tripped and fell on it
or if someone bumped it?  What the child did does not seem to me to have
been a contemplated, deliberate act of destruction ( I am assuming a child
under the age of 5 or 6) however if my 5 yr old child asked me a question
regarding a part of the feast I would be sure to find out exactly what he
was asking about and make sure that I kept an eye on him...as for my 2 yr
old she doesn't belong wandering about unobserved and I make sure that she
does not.  Lord Ras, did anyone broach the subject with the parents of the
little helper?

Claricia , congratulations on your new little one....May he/she be a
healthy, happy cheerful baby and a bright star in your lives

Dragonfyr
***************************
I'm sorry to hear about the destruction of such an incredible piece
of work, but I think that you are unfair in casting blame on the
child.  It does not sound like she was performing wanton destruction,
but rather following through on something she misunderstood -- the
castle needed to be destroyed and she should help.

I am the mother of a rather high-powered two year old, and his
actions are fully my responsibility.  If you tell him something is
going to be torn down, he will help you do so NOW unless restrained
or removed.  He is not being obnoxious or destructive, he's being
HELPFUL (in his limited understanding).  It is my duty to find other
activities for my helpful son until his help is wanted, or he is old
enough to choose for himself.

Claricia Nyetgale
(feeling a little protective about children, having found out on the
weekend that she is expecting her second)