SC - head cook-serious then SILLY

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 16 05:40:10 PDT 1997

Sorry, folks! Haven't finished my tea yet and I was having so much fun
with Lord Ras's riddle that I forgot to mention this other thing...

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << Master/Mistress of the Kitchen >>
>
> Presumptuous and possibly offensive to the Laurel populations.

I dunno. What about Masters / Mistresses of the Pelican, or Of Arms?
Plenty of Masters and Mistresses out there, but I don't see that they
would be likely to have a problem with a Mistress or Master of the
Kitchen, provided there is no deliberate attempt to misrepresent anyone.

While not intending to get too far off topic, I'll take a bit of a risk
here and ask, because there are certain corollaries with this issue: is
anyone out there familiar with the character on the "Seinfeld" TV
program known as "the Maestro"? He's the conductor of the Jackson
Heights PBA Symphony Orchestra, or some such. Absolutely no reason for
him to be pretentious, but he still demands that everyone call him by
his supposed title of Maestro, rather than Bob, which is actually his
name. Obviously, like most of the other characters, he's more than a bit
neurotic.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com