SC - Re: eggs

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Thu Oct 16 19:50:53 PDT 1997

Louise Sugar wrote:

> I've heard of using onion skins to dye the eggshells but not the onion to
> flavor the eggs
>
> Dragonfyr
>

> >along the lines of the versions of pickled eggs and tea eggs:
> >Isn't there a recipe somewhere that calls for hardboiling eggs over a very low heat for a number of hours in a bath of onion broth or something of the like-
> >for the flavor as well as the color?
> >-brid
> >(imagining somehow putting together all the various egg recipes and
> subtilties
> >into one feast- tho' no one would probably ever want to see another egg
> >eggain)

With all the recent talk about eggs, I was thinking along the same
lines- there's a lot stuff to try, and it could follow some strange
thread for a feast- like - Ooh, how about a post Lent event, with a
breaking of the fast feast with all of the 'forbidden' stuff in it?
With the lengths they went to to make 'pretend' eggs, when they couldn't
eat them, eggs of all types would be perfect, but it would be a disaster
for those who don't like eggs (and not just you beet-haters out there.)

On another train of thought apropos to our recent notes. I think I will
go buy quail eggs tomorrow, and make tiny, ruby eggs, maybe tiny tea
eggs, too....
Angelique