SC - Small Feasts-'unpl

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:22:20 PDT 1997

- ---Woeller D <angeliq1 at erols.com> wrote:
> >      I don't like beets, or things made with beets, or
> >      things resembling beets. Much less "love" them.
>  "Please feel free to ignore that part of my proferred
> feast, if it offends....  but don't criticize them,
> they're still pretty ..."she says, sniffly and
> teary-eyed, after lovingly laying out the despised
> article. among many others

M'lady, please please PLEASE believe me when I say that I intended no
offense. And you will *never* hear me whine about being served beets,
or other foodstuffs I do not care for, in front of children.

In *most* cases, I will at least try the new form of presentation (not
bell pepper, regardless of color, at least until I've managed to
investigate a suggestion recently received...outside of the feast
setting, so sorry). In my original missive, I said as much when I
spoke of my willingness to try new prep forms, or re-visit known forms
when prepared by a different cook / using a different recipe.

Another gentle has suggested "buttered baby yellow beets". These I
have never encountered, and would like to attempt at least once. Under
the proper circumstances, I'd also like to try borscht again (first
exposure may have been inferior due to conditions).

Ya won't catch me eating boiled okra any time soon, however, not
unless they've developed a method of removing the slime in advance!

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!