SC - Re- Illusion food-

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sat Oct 18 01:40:13 PDT 1997

Adamantius declared:
Oddly enough, the one thing that threw people the most was the sausages,
which were pretty  much a typical Norman seafood sausage, in a standard
pork sausage casing. They were bone white, except where they were
browned by the grill.

Hmm. I know that I've asked for fish recipes and for sausage recipes but
this may be taking it a bit far. :-) Although I guess this is interesting
from an academic standpoint. What do you mean by "a typical Norman seafood
sausage"? Are you saying that they made sausage-like stuff from fish? Do
you have a recipe? Does this use spices? Would they have been smoked or
preserved some other way?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com
   (yes, I think this dish is a bit wierd. But then I don't see the
fascination with goose liver and truffles either.)