SC - beer bread recipe (was re: small feasts)

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Sat Oct 18 20:59:55 PDT 1997

About the beer bread:
Due to a very long shift and a very short pocketbook, my wife (the gleeful
gourmet that she is) brought me dinner this week of rice tart and beer
bread with honey, cheese, and sliced turkey. To put it mildly, she
didn't make enough: co-workers dug in with glee, and one of my pharmacists
made off with about half a loaf of beer bread, saying something which may
have been a compliment if his mouth wasn't full. The peak moment of the
evening was when one of our newer people (who stuffed himself silly on
slices of the tart) asked where the receipe was from. Anastacia replied
"Europe, Middle Ages." His jaw dropped and he replied "Wow. You mean they
actually ate food back then?"

It made up for losing my dinner.

Esko Sola

PS: Thank you thank you thank you all of you who have posted receipes!

***