SC - Cinnamon rolls-OOP

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Sun Oct 19 18:30:52 PDT 1997

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:23:56 +0200 (METDST) Par Leijonhufvud
<parlei at ki.se> writes:

>IIRC there was a discussion on this topic in rec.food.historical some
>months ago. Someone (Cariadoc?) gave the (US!) legal background for
>this.
>Apparently the courts had gotten fed up with litigious cookbook
>authors
>taking each other to court since their recipie for boiling potatoes
>was
>perhaps copied by another author. The court basically washed their
>hands
>of the whole thing, declairing that, as Ras stated, individual
>recipies
>are not copyrightable.
>
>Anyone believing my memory should do the requiered Deja News search
>and read
>the commentary for themselves. YMMW, contents may settle in transit,
>etc
>
>/UlfR
>
>--
>Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
>"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Okay. So I'll post the recipe. But if I get in trouble, it's your fault!
:-D

Our Best-ever Cinnamon Rolls, originally published in Better Homes and
Gardens, October, 1991: (They say it makes 8 rolls, but I usually get at
least 18 *big* rolls.)

4 1/2 to 5 cups flour
1 pkg. yeast
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs

Filling:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter

Heat milk, 1/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar till warm. Add to 2 1/4 cup
flour and yeast. Add eggs. Stir in 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups flour. Knead.
Place in greased bowl. Cover, let rise about 1 hour.

Combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until
crumbly.

Punch dough down. Roll out until about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle filling
over dough. Roll up, cut into 1 1/2 slices. Arrange in greased baking
dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Uncover, let stand at room
temperature for 30 minutes. (Or cover and let rise for 45 minutes.)

Bake 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Note:greatly simplified directions. Check any good cookbook for how to
make, knead and raise dough. 1/2 tsp. salt may be added with the flour,
but I almost never add salt to things I make. Raisins and or chopped nuts
can be added with the filling mixture.

Julleran