SC - SC- Basic Cookbooks

Mon Oct 20 11:01:22 PDT 1997

Adamantius recommends:
                            Somewhat less comprehensive, but generally
  slightly higher quality, is the James Beard Cookbook. Beard wrote
  several cookbooks, of course, but only one with that title.

My family heirloom cookbook [1].... I also recommend it.

For those that bake, or want to, I cannot recommend Beard On Bread highly
enough.

	Tibor

[1] It's inscribed "To Irene, to help you catch a husband".  My mother
    answered with "Made it, January 28, 1959".  Dad used to use it to
    check his anniversary date.  (:-)  Beard actually has no recipe
    for cooking husbands....  Better check Joy of Cooking! (:-)