SC - Re:Your Name

Mon Oct 20 13:45:25 PDT 1997

  I'm wondering about the latest addition to your name, Al-Sayyid. My best
  friend married an Arabic Fellow whose last name in English is spelled
  S-A-I-D, however it is pronounced roughly Sigh--heed, similar to yours. He
  comes from French palestine but would be considered jordanina, I guess.
  Does Sayyid mean "Lord"? Just curious.

It's one of the approved alternate titles listed by Laurel Sovereign of Arms.
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/titles.html  (They spell it Sayyid,
phonetically.  Al-Sayid is "The Lord").

  Well, gotta go. Kids are still sick. I hate the Chicken Pox. I can't believe
  my Doctor refused to give them the vaccine. Well, I can, but this is very
  frustrating. We are now working on week 2.

Varivox vaccine is quite controversial.  It has not been tested for the long
term, and may or may not protect against variants of the disease as well as
actually getting it protects.  It may even wear off, over time.  It's an
unknown.

Getting chicken pox (or parenting someone who has it) is kinda rough when
you are young.  But getting it when you are older, is far worse than rough.
(Scarring, mental loss, infertility, heart damage, death, are common side
affects).

It's my actual hope that my daughter gets chicken pox before my state makes
Varivox vaccine mandatory, some time next year.

	Tibor