SC - Clash-Lunch Menu- Disaster

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 22:48:57 PDT 1997

<< Her majesty had made a request that chocolate and champagne be
 considered acceptable during her reign.  In fact, as I understand it,
 chocolate covered strawberries dipped in champagne are considered a
 royal delicacy and are a good way to have her smile upon the head cook,
 not that this humble soul would ever do such a thing.

The Clash Lunch was both a success and a disaster. Never again will I do a
period-like feast.

The soup was totally eaten down to the last drop. It contained beef heart,
beef roast, pork,chicken and sweet Italian sausage, as wells, cabbage,
onions, leeks, carrots, celery, parsnips, dried currants, noodles and
quinces, seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, parsley. The children
especially LOVED it.

The marinated vegies were somewhat consumed. And the rolls bought at a local
bread baker were well-recieved.

The Hen on Her Nest lost her head during baking. and the several pieces of
the head were hastily toothed picked together. The dish was renamed "A Silly
Goose". :-0

The chocolate refused to co-operate because I mistakenly bought chocolate
with English toffy bits. Soooooo.....the strawberries were a little bumpy.
 The champagne was served without incident . Several of us marched the food
for their majesties down to the list field and served the queen and princess.
The King was off doing kingly things I suppose.

The friitours didn't get cooked due to a glitch in the gas stove. The
vegetarian soup was finished off by those who were unable to walk to the list
field for the other half of the meat soup.

My entire cooking staff consisted of a 77 year old womwn and a 17 year old
girl. :-0 And I left my recipes at home so I had to wing it.

There you have it. If it sounds random and incomplete, it reflects the Luch
experience totally.

Ras