SC - Ecstasy of a Cook-longish prose

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 17:21:45 PDT 1997

<< I wish I knew if that was
 "right", whatever that means.

 	Tibor  >>

Meaning? I think that anyone who has a passion for food is whatever guise it
takes understands what it means. The striving, the tasting, the sweating, the
worry translated into ulcers or worse. These are the things that a true cook
lives (and dies) for.  :-)

The sensations that the mouth biologically controls are so intense that there
are those of us who get what can be considered to be an "oral" orgasm when
tasting that 'perfect' dish or flavor combination.

Since one of my deepest life interests is in cookery and in eating/emulating
ancient or medieval cookery, I certainly strive for that perfection, that
sense of rightness. I'm sure that on a few rare and momentous occasions there
has been a brief moment, a glitch in time, if you will, that you have raised
the spoon to you lips and tentitively tasted a period experimenal dish and
suddenly your taste buds leap to attention, you hear nothing,you see nothing,
time ceases to exist. At that moment of absolute ecstasy you step back in
time and your mind says "YES!!! This is it!!!! This is what they ate!",. You
look excitedly around the kitchen, hoping to see just one  witness  because,
after all the hours of work, the frustration, and the expense you have,
DOCUMENTATION!!!!!!! Right there in your mouth!!!!!!!

Then just as quickly you realize that there is no one there to share the
experience and no way to preserve your documentation. But, just as suddenly a
smile crosses your face, a selfish sort of grin. You see this was your moment
of perfection; of realization; and, there was only that one single mouthful
of the Dream. :-)

al-Sayyid Ras al Zib
Mountain Confederation
Clan Ravenstar