SC - winter

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 24 04:12:39 PDT 1997

At 04:30 23-10-97 +0000, you wrote:
>> > Lady Clare
>> > (settling in for the long Alaskan winter, snow on the ground
>> > already!)
>>
>> Somebody say something happy. We have a freeze warning out for tonight
>> (Southeastern PA), so I went out and cut all my herbs and hung them up to
>> dry. The kitchen smells great, but I always find bringing my herbs in
>> before a freeze to be depressing. It means winter is really coming and we
>> can't avoid it.
>> Sigh.
>> Julleran

At least you're lucky enough to live somewhere that has winter.  I've been
in southeastern VA (Norfolk) for the last 4-1/2 years; before that, I was in
Scotland for three years (the area where I lived has a cold rainy season, as
opposed to the cool rainy seasons which mark spring and fall), and before
that, three years in Hawai`i.

Alasdair mac Iain
(who, fortunately, is transferring back up to CT in December)

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net

****  REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!