SC - SC- Basic Cookbooks

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Mon Oct 20 12:09:09 PDT 1997

My lady, I know this may upset those pro cooks who lurk here...
but I have a full set of some sort of fancy knives my ex hubby bought me
several yrs ago...used them a couple of times put htem right back into thier
fancy box and left themin the drawer -  and went right back to my
favorite...chicago cutlery, cheep,  they do have to be oiled after washing,
but have been using all sizes for nigh onto 30 yrs, and swear by them.
They hold thier sharp very well.

As for a basic cookbook, my recommendation would be the Joy of Cooking or
Settlement House cookbook.  or my mothers...which I am still trying to talk her
out of....but the joy of.....is really good.