SC - Apples

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Oct 24 17:39:09 PDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:26:30 -0500 (CDT) Jasper Fieth
<cem8780 at omega.uta.edu> writes:
>You meanie!
>I've got another fifteen pounds of apples to get rid of and you spoon
>tease this receipe? ARGH!!!
>
>Esko

Sorry, I took the book back to the library. If I remember correctly (And
I take no responsibility if it's wrong!!!) it's:

2 cups apple mush (About 7 apples cooked till soft and put through a
seive)
2 cups sugar

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. (It didn't say how
thick!) Add 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin softened in 6 tablespoons
water, and stir until gelatin desolves. Remove from heat and stir in 4
tablespoons of lemon juice. Cool. Refrigerate, cut into pieces and roll
in confectioners sugar.

Notes: I think there's too much gelatin. I would boil at bit more until
it's thicker and add 2 tablespoons gelatin softened in 4 tablespoons cold
water. It also called for stirring in chopped nuts with the lemon juice,
but I can't remember how many or what kind. I almost never cook with
nuts, since we all like them raw and I almost never have any left around
to cook with! Don't roll them in confectioners sugar. It just makes a
mess.

Hope I got the amounts right and it works for you!

Julleran