SC - Late-period is NOT Medieval

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 10:20:16 PST 1997

<< It is not my intention to belittle or dismiss SCA feast cooks who choose
> do non-period but rather I am more than a little curious about their
reasons
> for doing so. I would never wear modern military attire to an SCA fighting
> field and I would never , personally, consider doing a non-period style
> feast. The bottom line is that I find it inconsistent with the Dream. :-)>>

Well, my reason for doing it originally is that I kept getting asked to
feasts and had no period recipes to work with.  I still do it now, because,
while i would love to do the research, I am WAY too busy doing research on
period techniques for other interests (right now leather work).  At this
exact moment it is a matter of prioritizing my interests, because if i try to
do research in too many areas at one time, I end up doing poor research in
everything.  I cook feasts because I enjoy cooking, and I'm on this list to
do a bit of learning by osmosis until I can do the research.

Noemi