SC - cheesemaking

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sun Oct 26 23:51:16 PST 1997

Ron and Laurene Wells wrote:
> I would especially like to make my own cheese!  But HOW IN AMERICA (I'm
> certian it's possible in other partes of Earth) do I find NON-Homogenized
> milk?  The dairy farmers won't sell it to people because of the law that -
> well - says they can't!

I know of a couple of folks locally who have made or are making cheese. And
I took an interesting class at the last Gulf Wars where the teacher made some
cheese. I don't remember her specifying non-homogenized milk.

Making cheese is one of those things that is on my list of things to attempt
someday.

You might be interested in looking at these files in the FOOD section of
Stefan's Florilegium:

cheese-msg        (48K)  8/21/97    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97    "Cheese Making for the Compleat Novice" by
                                       Lady Aoife Finn.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous