SC - Onion Soup

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 30 16:37:40 PST 1997

> Try adding some parsnip and/or turnip to your stock sometime.
> Actually, I'll put most anything I have in the fridge into my
> stock pot, but I do draw the line at lettuce.
>
> Nina Natasha

   You've never made lettuice soup?!!!
What a pity, it is wonderful early in the spring when the leaves are
just getting ready to pull, and there are fresh herbs to add...

try a different variety-
1 pint chicken stock, 3 or 4 peeled deveined raw shrimp[leave whole or
cut into bits] 1/2 cup baby peas, 3 or 4 scallions sliced into rounds,
and a goodly handful of lettuice cut into julienne.

simmer the scallions and shrimp til the shrimp are about cooked through,
add any seasonings you like, i like a touch of chervil and bay with
fresh white pepper, then last minute throw in the peas and lettuice.
simmer til hot and serve.

yummy

margali