SC - cuskynoles, continued...

Christi Redeker C-Redeker at mail.dec.com
Fri Oct 31 06:19:06 PST 1997

Adamantius, the oh so gentle ;D wrote:

>So, folks, as still occasionally have to say to my six-year-old, USE
>YOUR WORDS! People have a hard enough time interpreting explicit
>statements on this list, without being expected to read minds.

And so I will!  I am very enthralled about this conversation about the Cuskynoles.  I like the difference in opinion and in interpreting.  To me it shows how we all get different results when we redact recipes and, how our individual influences effect the end product.

Mistress Elaina keeps pushing me to try my own redactions instead of taking the ones that others post and doing them.  And now I see why.  There are such differing opinions on how things were done that to be truly honest to the recipe you must put your own touch and feelings (sorry I get carried away by my food) into the end product.  I am finding more and more, since the recipes were rarely written down, that the people making it probably shared by word of mouth with someone else and then they made it and it came out slightly different.  I mean if I was to tell people I made peanut butter cookies last night I am sure if I asked for others to make them also, we would get different results.

Alright I admit it, this started out as a "I like the discussion, keep it up" and I digressed, as I usually do....

So, now you know, even if you decide to take the discussion private, could you copy me on it also?

Murkial