SC - Cuskynoles - The Human Drama

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Fri Oct 31 14:01:56 PST 1997

The drama begins...

"And what is this, wife?" Lord Numnuts asked looking with some suspicion
at his plate.

"'Tis cuskynoles, my lord."  his new bride replied, "Surely my lord hath
eaten cuskynoles afore?"

"Cuskynoles, is it you say?  Nay, this little thing be not cuskynoles!  My
lady mother hath for years made cuskynoles and great do I delight in them.
But they are large, the size of my palm, not these little chequered
things, and puffed up with good fruit not flat like this!  What have you
inside these little things?"

"Why apples, good my lord, and peren and dates..."

"Dates!  Know you not that I despise to eat of dates?  Go you to my mother
to learn of cukynoles, my lady!"

end of scene one