SC - Contents questions

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 08:10:06 PDT 1997

<< Not to beat a (very) dead horse, but what if people call ahead.  I
 don't mean will you provide special dishes -- that I can cheerfully
 understand.  Will you answer people's questions as to the contents of
 the dishes. >>

Of course. I always have my telephone number listed and say that anyone with
questions may contact me. I also always return calls if I recieve them whem I
am not home. The intention of the warning is to folks on notice that some
ingerdients are by there very nature almost universal in kitchen use (e.g.
black pepper, salt) and when cooking for a lg. crowd (I have never prepared a
feast for less than 150 people) it is impossible to provide seperate dishes
for all 16 of the menu items.

I regretfully made the decsion to not do "special" foods when I found out
that several nameless peoples were claiming allergies that didn't exist
merely because they didn't "like" a particular food. Agreed most folks are
honorable in their requests but that was a case where several selfish people
made it bad for all.

Another thing I do is offer to cook, heat prepare any special things someone
may need for medical reasons if they give sufficient notice and bring the
items to the kitchen the night before the feast. one person has done this but
it made their feast more enjoyable.

As a side note, m'lady, the alcohol thing still puzzles me. All the alcoholic
is removed in cooking and I get violent migraines from red wine yet have
never had a reaction to it when it is used as a cooking ingredient. Just
something that puzzles me.

Lord Ras