SC - figs

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:56:55 PDT 1997

Juana Teresa wrote:
> I was just given 15 pounds of ripe figs.  I live alone.  I don't even
> have a chihuahua.   Is there such a thing as fig jam? pickled figs?
> Do figs freeze?

This was three weeks ago, and the lady has presumably either solved the
problem or thrown out the figs by now, but to quote Arlo Guthrie, "you
may know someone in a similar situation... or you may BE in a similar
situation..."
See http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/sca/cooking/st.val.feast.html,
which describes a Catalan feast my wife and I did last February.  It
includes a fig dish which went over very well.  In fact, I later entered
the same fig dish in a "low-fat desserts" contest at my school and took
second or third place.
					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu