SC - Fruitcake/Plum pudding (WAS: Roman Cheese Cake)

cole joan jscole at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 3 19:45:19 PDT 1997

> Someone said something about Italian (Siena) Panforte being the closest
> periodish equivalent of fruitcake... I've always wanted to make one of
> those, and have a couple of recipes...  They come in both chocolate and
> non-choc versions.

Oh, this stuff is WONDERFUL.  I have a recipe that I downloaded from
COMPUSERVE which is really good.  Unfortunately, the computer it is stored
on had a dead power supply right now.  Of course, you have to make
candied orange peel first.  It is not difficult to make... just be sure
you line the pan you put it in good, as it sticks like you can't believe.

Does anyone have documentation for this within period?  I have it filed
as 'perioid' (might be period).

Hildegarde>