SC - Rose hip soup

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Sat Oct 4 18:29:06 PDT 1997

Found a recipie in an old cookbook. Not period, but still usefull.

- --------------------------
Rose Hip Soup (6 servings)
(From: "Hemmets kokbok, 31st ed", Norstedt & Soner Forlag, Stockholm 103,
1930)

5-6 dL rosehips, deseeded
2.5-3 L water
1.5-2 dl sugar
1 1/2 T potato starch
(25 g almonds (scalded and slivered))

1. Put the rosehips in cold water and bring to a boil. Let boil until
soft. Whisk forcefully now and then.

2. Pass through a coleander, and add sugar.

3. Thicken with the potatoe starch dissolved in some water and brought to
a boil.

4. Adjudst sweetness to taste, and serve, either as is or with slivered
almonds.
- --------------------------

Please note my discussion earlier regarding the vitamin C and boiling.
Personally I would use a mixer to puree, rather than passing through the
coleander.

For the metrically impared:

1 dL= 0.1 Litre = 3.5 fl oz (US)
1 litre = 34 fl oz (US)