SC - Filelist possibility

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Mon Oct 6 23:20:02 PDT 1997

Last Tuesday, Sept. 30, Chris Peters asked:

>       I am one of the lurkers of the list :-}. I was wondering would it
>be possible to put up a site somewhere were we can file and exchange the
>great recipes here on the list that would make it easier for others
>(like myself ) to download??

Have you looked at the files in the FOOD section of Stefan's Florilegium?
Most of the recipes (the period ones at least) will probably eventually
find their ways into files in this section. It does take time to colate
and edit the info from even this list, so it may take a while for some
of them to get there. However, I try to make the recipes readily
available there and I think it might be a good place to look.

>I am a learning feast/food ocrat (haven't
>done an event yet) But some of the references as well as recipes here
>are great. I have learned a great deal by just sitting back and reading

There are also a number of files there on the history of various foods
and kitchen utensils as well as some files primarily of use to SCA
headcooks. I, too, have learned a lot just listening and asking questions
on this list.

While I certainly would be the last to say don't start another file
collection, I think your time might be better spent researching a few
topics and writing some useful overview or indepth articles. I am
always looking for more good articles for the Florilegium and you retain
the copyright which means you could still work to get them published in
TI or other places.

I'm always afraid that I am pushing my files too hard and that I am going
to be irritating people but I guess to some folks they are still unknown.
So if you haven't taken a look, my files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I can send a complete filelist of all the files to anyone who would like
one by email.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra
markh at risc.sps.mot.com