The nasty brown stuff :-)(was: SC - Re: A couple questi

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:18:51 PDT 1997

> << > chocolate, that we in the SCA love so well is a new world food.
>  Originally
>
>  Can't stand the stuff myself (I'll eat it if hungry, not to offend
>  my grandmother etc, but not if given a free choice), so the love is
>  by no means universal.
>
>  But yea, I suppose that _most_ SCA-people like the stuff.  >>
>
> So nice to find someone else who doesn't like chocolate.  I've been
> called everything up to and including "inhuman" because I hate the
> stuff.  I won't even go far enough to eat it not to offend someone;
> to me it tastes so horrid that I can't even eat something that's
> been stored with something chocolate, because the smell/taste
> transfers... That and anise/fennel are probably my only two real
> "hates" when it comes to food.
>
> Brangwayna Morgan

Count me in on the "not crazy about chocolate" crew.  I don't think
I've been called "inhuman", but I've been accused of being
unfeminine because of it.  I'm just not bribable with chocolate.  I
don't hate it as much as you do, but it is a migraine trigger for me
for about half the month, and I just don't crave it.

I don't understand not being able to go one weekend without it,
or "needing" to have chocolate brownies on the potluck table.

And I have been asked to judge dessert contests (either as a visiting
peer or when I was on the throne of An Tir) and I have by-passed
the rich chocolate desserts in favor of something at least less
obviously OOP.

Berengaria

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver