SC - Substitute for bitter orange

Wendy Trankle wendyt at mail.telis.org
Wed Oct 8 16:13:18 PDT 1997

> Are you talking about verjuice? Using a mix of mostly orange juice and
> some lemon juice is one substituion I have seen for verjuice.

We are trying the newcomer's redaction challenge and Susannah thought she had
seen a comment in Pleyn Delit about their oranges being more bitter and using
lemon juice to help solve that problem.  We've done one try so far and it wasn't
bad but we are currently in process of refining it.  Unfortunately we are
cooking at my house and Pleyn Delit is at Susannah's house.  (of course).
Thanks for the info, will let you know our final results.

Gwen