SC - Spices on Nerves of People

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 9 11:21:43 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> Ras wrote:
>                          Realistically tho', do you truly belive that a good
>   cook would foist things that he /she himself wouldn't eat (not can't eat) on
>   others? Since the secret of great cooking is tasting , tasting, and tasting
>   some more, I find the whole concept a bit ludicrous and bizaare.
>
> Yes, in fact, I do.

This depends on the cook's reasons for not eating the dish. If it were a
question of quality, then yes, I wouldn't serve it. If it is merely a
case of something I don't like, then I will ask other people to taste
it, or just taste it myself, anyway, ignoring the fact that I don't care
for it. I have had to adopt a professional's attitude about that, as you
can't very well tell a prospective employer that you can't cook eggplant
because you really don't like it. Well, you could, but you wouldn't get
hired. I have simply learned to ascertain what constitutes quality in
such dishes, although I don't enjoy eating them.

>         Tibor (you could call me Jack Sprat, but it wouldn't be smart. :-)

Seems I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Spratt, once at an E.K.U. Yeah,
I know, that's MISTRESS Spratt. As I recall, she appeared to be quite
well and appropriately balanced with regard to her intake of fat and
lean. I'll shut up now...;  )

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com