SC - Salmon at feasts

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Oct 9 11:24:18 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - Salmon at feasts                    10/9/97

<snip>
> that just doesn't appeal.
> -brid

I dunno. Many people are into certain textures. Certainly if you ask a Chinese
person what the appeal is, of, say, sea cucumber, they'll tell you it is the
texture, as it has very little flavor of its own.
<snip> There might well have been vesiga in the coulibiac you ate, for all you
could tell, whereas a Russian cook of the old school <snip>

I am fairly sure there wasn't any vesiga in it, as my mom made it out of a
Russian cookbook- if I was anywhere near my mom, I would look up the recipe.
I don't remember what it's real name was either- maybe it wasn't coulibiac.
It was very good tho'.
- -brid