SC - Newcomers Redaction

Wendy Trankle wendyt at mail.telis.org
Thu Oct 9 21:43:11 PDT 1997

Okay, here is our version:
1 cup rice
3/4 cup brown sugar
yolk of 3 small eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 to 1 tsp. ginger
1-2 T butter
Juice from 2 oranges (including pulp)
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Prepare rice according to directions, mix together the rest of the ingredients and
add to rice.  Cook on stove top till it reaches a fairly thick consistency.
Resist the urge to eat it as a pudding (although it would be delicious : ) )
Pour into greased pie pan and cook at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.

Comments:  We did another version that had 1 full teaspoon of ginger and only 1/2
cup sugar.  Although I liked it, others found it to spicy.

I'd be curious to see how the more experienced cooks would do this, and I am
looking forward to future challenges.

Gwen and Susannah