SC - rose hips vs. rose petals

Aine aine at shocking.com
Thu Oct 9 22:10:08 PDT 1997

YES there is a difference!!!!
Rose petals of course are rose petals, the rose hips on the other hand are
the swollen parts of the rose, right after the stem and before the "flower"
part. On blooming roses they're normally green, however, once the flower
part has died, (ON the bush) the hip is left and ripens to a reddish-orange
color.

  Aine (the one in the West)