SC - Shortbread help, please

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Fri Oct 10 23:26:29 PDT 1997

> But the shortbread turned out hard as a rock.  Even my kid won't eat it, and
> she was raised in the SCA, she'll try anything.  (She did try it, but with a
> couple of teeth missing -- she's seven -- didn't have the confidence to bite
> hard enough to snap a piece off.)

I found a solution to this! Shepard's Pie! The meat juices softened the
shortbread during baking, which had made the original receipe mush. This
way (1/2 c butter) it retained its shape better, and managed to survive to
the meal.

Esko Sola

***
"Sanity is a one-trick horse. Sure, it gives you nice things like rational
thought, but when you're insane THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!"  -- The Tick

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---

"Of course that's my opinion -- I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

"I started out Catholic, now I'm an American." -- George Carlin

Deep Thoughts:
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
Why don't sheep shrink in the rain?
Why if you take it by land is it a shipment, and by sea it's cargo?