SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #355

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Mon Oct 13 10:26:26 PDT 1997

Hi,

Wasn't the giant egg recipe in Hannah Glasse?  If it features earlier
than that, I'd like to know.  Had a feeling that the ship and frog
and deer subtelties mentioned came from May, but my book with both
May and Taillevent stuff is in storage, so will trust your judgement.
At a Tewlfth-Night about 4 years ago saw a wonderful marzipan
subtelty which was the boar's head.  Meant the vegetarians could have
some too.

Did my last message, containing the coriander drag(u?)ees and
documentation come through?  I can probably send it again if not.
Problems with the machinery this end too.

Incidentally, re. the PC/meat discussion of a few days ago, the only
meat I won't eat is from a) mammals which are obligate carnivores
and b) possums (I'm Australian and possums, while reasonably edible,
have some disgusting personal habits which I would prefer not to
ingest, however indirectly).

cheers
Cairistiona

Dr. Ian van Tets
Dept. of Zoology
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701 RSA

ph: +27 +21 650 3641 (w), 650 3301 (fax), 47 5324 (H)