SC - beer bread recipe (was re: small feasts)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Mon Oct 13 06:50:22 PDT 1997

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Stephanie Rudin wrote:

> gently and then dispose of the sediment.  Would you want to keep that
> sediment
> when using it to cook with?  Or is it just nasty stuff that should be
> disposed
> of?

It should be usable as a "substitute" for yeast (it is yeast:-). IIRC
there are comments by Roman writers (with these words I hereby invoke the,
Adamantius! ;-) that the Germans had bread that was much nicer that their
own, without the sour taste and all.

I'm going to have to chase down one of our local brewers and experiment with
this myself. Probably in my Copious Free Time [TM].

/UlfR

P.S. Please, no more than 80 columns/row. Messes up reading for some of us...

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
"I think, therefore I parse regular expressions."