SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #354

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Tue Oct 14 17:25:00 PDT 1997

Well, I don't know anything about truffles, but I do know there are
French wine growers buying land here in Oregon, and happy to get it!
Have seen wine reviews of Oregon vintages that beat the average
Californios all hollow, and apparently compete well with fine French
stuff; and there was a quote in the paper a couple of weeks ago about
some hot shot French wine-fellow explaining to a reporter that no,
actually $5000 an acre seemed pretty reasonable, when he's used to
paying $5000 per square foot back home in Burgundy (?).  We have native
wild oaks; maybe the same conditions that are good for wine vines are
good for truffles?

Chimene
 ----------
| From: Ron and Laurene Wells
| To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
| Subject: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #354
| Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 8:01AM
|
| >As for the truffles, FWIW, there's a guy in Oregon selling fresh
| >cutivated black truffles for around $100 a pound, who advertises and
| >takes orders on the Web.
|
| What is the Web Site?   live in Oregon, and I would love to know how
and
| where this guy is doing this?  I have NEVER heard of anyone growing
Truffles
| in the US.  I was led to believe that they would ONLY grow in
restricted
| parts of Europe!  This is encouraging for me!
|
|  -Laurene
|  -
| *                                          The Tiny Zoo, inc.
| *
| *
| *
| *                                         Visit our Web Site!
| *
| *                            http://www.vr-net.com/~tinyzoo
| *

SCA-Cooks".