SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Oct 15 09:56:04 PDT 1997

> > I like "Chef de Cuisine" personally.
>
> Literally translated as Chief of the Kitchen,it does work,

Yep.

> but isn't it
> a little too modern-sounding? It's pretty much the standard title of
> many restaurant and hotel chefs.

I don't think it's too modern sounding. To those in the cooking biz it
may be a little too common but most people don't deal with the phrase all
that much.  It's better sounding than "cook" whose meaning and general
conception has already been discussed and adds a touch of class to the
whole ordeal.

And I think it is a good title for the person in charge of getting the
food out to the people.

> This would be alphabet soup without New World vegetables, I hope ;  ) ?

Well, it's all Ansteorran veggies.

> Adamantius, who prefers chowder

Yers,

Gunthar