SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Wed Oct 15 21:15:24 PDT 1997

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> cuisinier, and kitchener, I should add that I am not really in favor of
> uniform standards of terminology in this matter...one of the major
> points of the SCA is an interest in diversity, after all.

Of course. While the SCA (in the US) has a tendency to be monolingual,
the MA of course weren't. I was sort of more stating that if it is a
documentable period title, then it is, in one way, perfectly acceptable.

The 'ocrat terminology is totally undocumentable before AS I, to the best
of my knowledge.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se